13.5.04

Thoughts to aid procrastination

As my year of study is coming to a close I can't help but want to write ramblings about nothing. This is because I have been reading and writing about a subject all to heavy to do in one go (Child Combatants and Trauma all in the setting of war) Whew! Talk about an easy read...or not. But I must admit I am excited to get started on my dissertation and begin another chapter in my life. This time it will be a chapter of risks and chance. I have committed to myself that Clementine's Cookies is going to become a reality. I have started preparing my business plan, and have been doing my research. Although that is on hold for the moment. Its quite crazy, I think about doing this and just think "wow this could be real big" but then I wonder if I am just a silly dreamer who thinks this could be a viable option here in the North. I guess only time and money will tell, as I can't start the business without the monetary funding. But by this time next year I hope to have the cookie shop open both here in the North and online. So we'll see what I can do in the next few months I have here. It is going to be a busy summer.

On another note, I am off to H-town next week. Can't wait. It will be good to see family and friends and see one of my best guy friends in the world get married. Geez, we are all growing up so fast. I can't believe we have known each other for 13 years nearly 14. If someone would have asked me the first day of 6th grade if I would maintain friendships to this extent in my home room class I would have thought they were crazy, but alas I am not only good friends but SUPER close and have been through a lot with Jim. It makes my heart smile to see him getting married and adding a new chapter onto his life.

Well procrastination must end.

No comments: